Does the G2 Instant Firming Serum Work? This is what I learned by reading the marketing materials for the MyChelle G2 Instant Firming Serum: It rejuvenates, nourishes and rebalances your skin. I started using it six months ago and I have seen a difference. I do like it and it is worth the price.
I was skeptical at first I need to admit, so to test it at first I applied it on a small area of my face and used my usual anti-wrinkle cream on the rest. It really has instant effect as its name says. It significantly reduced the lines around my eyes and neck while gently correcting blemishes. I would not change it for the world! Even friends I’d not seen for quite a while noticed the difference. To be honest, it saved me a few ‘anti-aging’ visits to the esthetician as well.
I warmly recommend this serum because it is totally paraben-free, promoting natural skin rejuvenation. With almost instantaneous effect, it truly is every woman’s dream.
How I used G2 Firming Serum
I always use it after cleansing. Two pumps at night before going to bed and then apply my regular moisturizer. Because it’s a bit thick, I advise you shake it well before application.
What are the key ingredients in G2 Instant Firming Serum?
The key ingredients of this serum are:
- Hamamelis Virginiana (by its vulgar name ‘Witch Hazel’) Water;
- Lycium Barbarum (Goji Berry) Fruit Extract;
- Acetyl Hexapeptide-8;
- Lactobacillus/Punica Granatum Fruit Ferment Extract;
- Vetiveria Zizanoides Root Oil;
- Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Neroli) Flower Oil;
- Xanthan Gum;
- Potassium Sorbate;
- Citric Acid;
- Honeysuckle flower extracts from Lonicera Caprifolium and Lonicera Japonica.
How do these ingredients benefit the skin?
- Water – has hydrating attributes. Plenty of water intake keeps the skin nourished and prevents flaking;
- Hamamelis Virginiana (by its vulgar name ‘Witch Hazel’) Water – acknowledged for its skin conditioning properties. Obtained from leaves of witch hazel by steam distillation, this ingredient improves the aspect of dry or damaged skin and replenishes its firmness and reduces wrinkles.
- Glycerin – works magic on dry skin. A double-blind, placebo-controlled study conducted by the Friedrich Schiller University Department of Dermatology eight years ago, proved that glycerin had miraculous effects on atopic dermatitis, effectively combating the ailment. Patients were divided into two groups, one group receiving glycerin therapy two times on a daily basis for a period of four weeks, and the control group being given a placebo. Symptoms notably alleviated in the patients treated with glycerin and steadily, the natural protective barrier function of the epidermis was replenished, whilst the placebo group showed no improvement. Glycerin is also a fantastic anti-aging agent, by helping thicken the outer layer of the epidermis and improve the skin barrier function, researchers suggest.
- Lycium Barbarum (Goji Berry) Fruit Extract– also known as Wolfberry, which traditional Chinese medicine practitioners use it for its anti-aging qualities, as well as for its ability to support overall immune system function and vision.
- Alcohol– with regards to this ingredient, I would like to make it clear that I’m referring here to fatty alcohols, which are beneficial for the skin, specifically that type of alcohol appearing on a product label as ‘cetearyl alcohol’, ‘cetyl’ or ‘stearyl’, excluding from this category ‘SD alcohol’, ‘denaturated alcohol’ (‘Alcohol Denat.’), or ‘isopropyl alcohol’, which on a long-term basis accelerate the skin aging process. By comparison, fatty alcohols are good toners and combat oily skin. In small amounts, this type of alcohols works well on any type of complexion.
- Acetyl Hexapeptide-8 – known by the name of ‘Argireline’ is a peptide, which acts as an anti-wrinkle agent.
- Lactobacillus/Punica Granatum Fruit Ferment Extract – obtained from Punica granatum fruit by fermentation, this ingredient has amazing skin-conditioning properties acting as a humectant. It keeps the skin nourished.
- Vetiveria Zizanoides Root Oil – is an essential oil well-known for its capacity to reduce wrinkles and stretch marks, among others.
- Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Neroli) Flower Oil – often used as fragrance, it works as an astringent and skin conditioner. It has a tonic effect.
- Xanthan Gum – is a polysaccharide that works as an emulsifier and binder, as well as its ability to retain water and improve freeze-thaw balance thereby extending shelf life of a product. Produced by Xanthomonas campestris bacterium left to ferment on sugar, this compound is basically a natural preservative.
- Potassium Sorbate – derived from sorbic acid, naturally found in mountain ash tree berries, this ingredient has preserving properties, increasing a product’s shelf life.
- Citric Acid – is a great boon for the skin, helping reduce blemishes due to its melanin-rich content (melanin is a compound with bleaching qualities) and improving skin texture.
- Honeysuckle flower extracts from Lonicera Caprifolium and Lonicera Japonica – these two compounds are active antimicrobials contributing to skin cleansing.